Sober Homes MD ~ The Anchor at Woodpoint ~ CONTRACT
Rules & Guidelines
The following rules and guidelines are in place to support your success and assure a safe environment for all residents.
1. Substance Use: Use of drugs, alcohol or inhalants is prohibited (including misuse of prescription medications). Any “use” will result in immediate termination. In the case of “suspected” chemical use, a drug and/or alcohol test will be administered.
2. Drug Testing: Residents may be tested for drug and/or alcohol use at any time as deemed appropriate by staff. If you refuse to be tested or if specimen has been tampered, resident will be refused admission or terminated.
3. Abuse: “Zero tolerance” of physical violence or threats of violence. Verbal abuse of tenants or staff is also prohibited. Any violations will result in your immediate termination and police will be called if necessary.
4. Property: Please respect The Anchor’s property as well as the personal property of all other residents. You will be held financially responsible for any damage to The Anchor’s property, that occurs as a result of your negligence or inappropriate behavior. Intentional destruction of property is grounds for immediate termination and police will be contacted if appropriate.
5. Employment: All residents must be employed prior to moving into the Community house or have some other regular source of income. Residents that are attending an institute of higher learning, i.e. college or trade school, must be employed a minimum of 25 hours per week. Whenever possible, employment hours should not conflict with other program requirements. Employment where alcoholic beverages are served, sold or available or environments which would jeopardize your recovery are prohibited. If a resident becomes non-employable for personal or medical reasons while participating in the program, The Anchor Staff will determine the resident's ability to continue in the program. The Anchor Staff and/or the Executive Director reserve the right to verify the resident's employment and job performance with the resident's employer.
6. Programming Fee and Deposit: Programming fees will be due every Friday in the amount of $135.00. Fees need to be paid in cash, directly to the house manager. The program deposit fee is $135.00 and non-refundable. Total amount due upon entering The Anchor @ Woodpoint is $270.00.
8. Gambling: Gambling is prohibited- this includes playing cards for money, buying lottery tickets, gambling at casinos or making bets of any kind.
9. Supplies: You are responsible for providing your own food and personal hygiene products as well as your own laundry detergent. The Anchor will provide the following: Dishes, Cups, Pots, Pans, Cooking & Dining Utensils, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Trash Bags, Window & Floor Cleaners, Bathroom Cleaners, Dish & Dishwasher Detergent, Snow Shovels & Ice Melt, Lawnmower & Gas, and Incidental House Maintenance Items. You may be able to move in additional furniture with the pre-approval of the house manager.
10. Overnights: Overnight pass requests must be submitted to the house manager at least 7 days before documented departure date. All passes are subject to being denied. You must notify your roommates ahead of time that you will be on pass. You may be asked to comply to a drug test upon returning from pass. No overnight passes during the first 30 days at the house.
11. Groups: Participation at the house meeting is mandatory. The meeting will be held every Sunday night at 6:30 pm. Residents must be on time and are not allowed to leave early, unless pre-approved by sober housing staff. Staff must also pre-approve any absence from these groups.
12. 12-Step: You are required to attend at least (4) AA or NA meetings per week and (1) Celebrate Recovery or other program of your own choosing. It is also required that you actively work the 12-Steps program with a Sponsor. Meeting slips will be provided and must be signed or stamped to verify attendance.
13. Curfew: Sunday through Thursday you are to be on the property by 10pm. Friday and Saturday, 11pm. (Note: exceptions must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance and must be approved by sober housing staff.) Sober housing staff will conduct random “curfew checks.”
14. Guests: Visitor hours: Daily- from 10:00am to 7:00pm. No person of the opposite sex is allowed in the house besides immediate family. No visitors are allowed in your bedroom. • All of your guests must comply with established sober housing rules. The Anchor sober housing staff reserves the right to disallow any visitor for any reason, at any time.
15. Controlled Medications: In the event a controlled medication has been prescribed, you must provide documentation (to housing staff) from the physician who prescribed it. All medications are to be kept in your room and out of view. Controlled medications will be kept in a locked box and distributed by the house manager.
16. Community: You are important models of early sobriety in this community. As such there will be no loitering on the front lawns or porches of Anchor houses. We value the positive influence you have with one another at The Anchor. If it is determined that you are jeopardizing another resident’s physical and/or emotional well-being or sobriety, you may be terminated from The Anchor’s program.
17. Personal Property: The Anchor does not assume responsibility for any loss, theft, or damage to your personal property. Personal lockboxes are necessary for controlled medications.
18. Contracts: The Anchor’s Sober Housing Manager will intervene on any behavior that is detrimental to your (or another’s) recovery. Additional contracts may be added to your Sober Housing commitment to better support your needs. Interventions may also be recommended by the Peer Community to support community needs.
19. Program Termination: If you are not compliant with the contract rules or are not engaged in a responsible recovery program, you may be directed to leave. Decisions are made on an individual basis with consideration for the safety of the entire community, as well as the needs of everyone.
20. Responsibility: To support your recovery process, The Anchor has adopted these rules and guidelines to create a safe, sober, and stable living environment. It is your responsibility to help keep it this way. If you know that someone is putting their own recovery at risk or the recovery of others at risk, you must report this to staff immediately. Withholding information may jeopardize your own recovery and potentially your placement in The Anchor’s Sober Housing Services. Together we must all protect the structure and integrity of the community and assure a safe place for all to live.
21. Cleanliness: The Anchor encourages you to live comfortably. However, if your living space is not kept clean and personal hygiene becomes a health and/or safety issue, The Anchor reserves the right to take necessary action such as, discussions, contracts and or program termination. To support you in maintaining a clean and healthy living environment, each room will be randomly monitored by sober housing staff on a regular basis. A warning system will be used (i.e. if your room or common area is disorderly or not clean, you will be issued a warning). You are responsible for your bedroom as well as common areas of the house.
22. Chores: You will be assigned chores. From time to time you will be assigned additional work that needs to be completed. It is mandatory that you do your tasks and assignments.
23. Pets: No pets of any kind are allowed in the house.
24. Inspection of Personal Property: Your personal belongings are subject to a random search at any time by the owner or house manager. No other persons can inspect the personal belongings of house members. 25. No Pornography allowed on site either via the internet, media downloads or published material.
26. Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside the house or within 15 ft of any entrance. Designated smoking areas are located at the rear of the building.
The above rules are strictly enforced, and any violation(s) may result in termination from the program. My signature below indicates that I have received (and reviewed) a copy of these guidelines. That I fully understand the above rules & expectations and agree to abide by them.
(Resident Signature) ………………………………………………… Date:...…...….....
(The Anchor Staff) ………………………………………………. Date:.........…….......